Friday, October 12, 2012

The beginning of something.... well something

I have been meaning to start a new blog of some sort for awhile now. Tossed ideas around with The Husband and never could come up with something that I thought I could commit to on a regular if not daily basis. Then it hit me this morning. Why not just blog about my life in candid terms, the glorious life I live as a Stay at Home Mom.

When I woke up this morning, I knew it would not be an overly productive day, so I thought why not create something to distract me from all the things that needed doing. Thus my new blog has been created.

Getting woken up by Crazy 3 at 5:00 AM and having him wake Crazy 2 at 5:30 AM was just the start to me lacking in motivation. Crazy 1 joined us downstairs around 6:00 AM and then the madness began. By 7:00 AM, my house looked like a bomb went off in a toy store. The Barbie bin was dumped in the hallway, all the cars were on the floor just outside the kitchen and the bin of jewellery (aka the Pirate Treasure) was all over the living room floor. Just looking at the mess was enough for me to declare today a Nothing Day.

Nothing Days consist of as many of us as possible staying in pajamas, minimal chores getting done (dishes, cooking and maybe laundry if absolutely necessary) and that is about it. Nothing Days are where my motivation to get the pantry reorganized, the floors washed and the old clothes sorted through go out the window. There are a lot of Nothing Days in my life and I am OK with that. The flip side to Nothing Days is that cuddles are abundant, stories are read, songs are sung and crafts are made.

In The Husbands words, I am not the greatest housekeeper, but he thinks I am a pretty great Mother and I would much rather be the latter!

No comments:

Post a Comment