Monday, October 15, 2012

How many is too many?

So I went to a baby shower yesterday afternoon and got to see the little guy on his one month birthday. He was so tiny and still had the little baby cry, something Crazy 3 lost about a month ago. It was great to see my friend so happy in motherhood, enjoying her new little bundle. Now here comes the crazy part....

I already want to have another little crazy to add to my family. Crazy 3 is only 5 1/2 months, but I just don't feel like our little family is complete. I miss the constant snuggles, I miss the little baby squeaks and cries. The Husband reminds me of the lack of sleep which we are still suffering through, he reminds me of all my labour and deliveries of which 8 hours has been my shortest.

Most everyone I have talked to about this thinks I am totally insane. My family, friends, they all think I should stop now. The Husband has not made up his mind. He figures we will see how things go over the next 6 months and talk about it when Crazy 3 is turning 1. He is not against it, but he is definitely more logical about it than I am.

There are all kinds of arguments on why we should stop now. The main argument is that three children cost a lot of money. Clothing and feeding them alone is a lot. Then you have to think about activities and education. I figure I'm already saving a bunch in clothing as I kept everything from both Crazy 1 and Crazy 2 so I'm set.

There are also many arguments in favour of us having one more child. The biggest is that there will be no one left out. There would be no 'middle' child. If we are truly lucky, we would have another girl and then we'd have 2 of each.

The main thing is, this is a decision for The Husband and I to make. Although I do appreciate all the advice and options of EVERYONE, I think that whatever decision we make will be the right one for us and our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment