Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Naps... Love Them, Hate Them or Both

Here is my dilemma. Crazy 2 still naps for 2 1/2 to 3 hours every afternoon. I expect Crazy 3 to nap, and nap often he does as he still is just shy of 6 months, but his naps don't impact us tremendously as he is still in the bucket car seat. We can still go out and about and he'll sleep in the car, in the stroller or in the Snuggli.

Crazy 2 likes to nap in his bed. He will fall asleep in the car, and we are able to transfer him, but it seems like the afternoons are a write off to make plans of any sort.

Monday to Friday I LOVE the fact that he naps. It gives me a chance to catch up on household chores, start dinner, spend time with Crazy 1 or just relax.

Weekends and holidays I HATE the fact that he naps. The Husband I want to do family activities, are invited to events and just want to spend time together and it just messes things up.

I should be thankful that he naps so well. I mean Crazy 1 was already not napping most days by the time she was this age, and even when she did I was lucky to get an hour out of her. I just really don't enjoy the fact that we miss out on things because of his nap. Some people suggest just letting him miss his nap, but then we have to deal with a Cranky Monster, because Crazy 2 LOVES his naps. I mean he really LOVES his naps. It's easier to put him down for a nap than it is to put him to bed.

The saving grace to all of this is at least all of my crazies are early risers so we still get to do family outings in the mornings when venues first open and aren't as busy. Some day he will grow out of it, but then I'll just be dealing with Crazy 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment