Sunday, October 21, 2012

Elevators, strollers and children OH MY

I love my stroller. Having 3 crazies and lots of jackets, snacks, diapers etc... it is nice to have my stroller along for trips out not only to contain at least 2 of my crazies but to store all the paraphernalia I have to bring with me.

The problem I have is elevators. Most elevators are big enough for at least two strollers and associated adults so it's not really the size of the elevator. Most places have elevators in convenient locations, so that's not it either.

The issue I have with elevators is more the people who choose to use them. I will gladly wait a couple of elevator turns if there are people in wheelchairs that need to use them, I will even wait for other strollers if other children are antsy or not happy. It really irks me when people who are quite capable ride an elevator when there is a line of strollers, wheelchairs etc. waiting. Especially if there are stairs right beside the elevator! I would also like to mention that my complaint is for buildings that are only two floors. Office towers and apartment buildings are in a different category.

When I am out without my stroller, with either Crazy 1 or Crazy 2 (I always have a stroller for Crazy 3 right now) we always take stairs or escalators and leave the elevators to people who actually need them. Sometimes when The Husband is with me at the mall, we even take the escalator with the stroller as he has the height to handle it, I do not.

In the end, to me elevators are a convenience meant for people with limited mobility, not people who are too lazy to climb or descend a few stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment