Friday, October 19, 2012

Picky Eaters

I am really not sure on how picky eaters happen. I mean, I did nothing different between how I fed Crazy 1 and Crazy 2 but Crazy 1 is so picky and Crazy 2 will eat almost anything.

I was not one to make my own baby food when they started on solids, I'm a little lazy that way, but once they could handle a bit of texture and more substance, I always fed them what we ate. Crazy 1 does not like her food mixed together. For instance, she loves chicken, pasta and broccoli but if I make a casserole and spoon it onto her plate she won't touch it. If I were to separate the components on a plate, even if it was still the same casserole, she'll eat it. Crazy 2 will just eat it and if there is something he doesn't feel like in the casserole, he eats around it.

Lately, ketchup has been my best friend in getting Crazy 1 to eat any meat. She asks for it with everything, chicken, steak, pork, doesn't matter. I figure as long as she is eating her meat and getting her protein, a little ketchup won't kill her. I should be thankful that she at least will eat any vegetable raw without dips of any sort.

The reason this is coming to mind right now is we started Crazy 3 on rice cereal this week. He LOVES to eat. I can't see me doing anything different than I did with the other two so it will be interesting to see how his eating habits and preferences are.

No comments:

Post a Comment