Thursday, November 8, 2012

Second Guessing the Busing Decision

It's mornings like this where I debate within my head whether or not I made the right decision on not busing Crazy 1 to school.

The reasons I decided against it was because she is only 4 1/2 years old, it's only kindergarten and The Husband was able to drive her every morning as his route to the office goes right by the school which means I only have to pick her up.

The reason I am second guessing my decision is because there is snow on the ground and the temperatures are supposed to drop considerably over the next few days. For Crazy 1 that is a good thing we are driving her. No waiting at the bus stop in the cold. For me it means I have to bundle Crazy 2 and Crazy 3 up every day to pick her up.

I should be thankful that I only have the pick up duties. It means I have all morning to get myself and the boys ready. To be honest it is nice to talk to some of the other parents and be able to see her teacher every day. Really, I should be honest and admit, it's not the snow that is getting me down but the cold. I hate the cold, I hate taking the kids out in the cold. If I had my way, we would just hunker down and never leave the house if it is below -5 Celcius.

No comments:

Post a Comment