Saturday, November 24, 2012

Good Behaviour or Just Better....

I find myself judging my crazies behaviour when we are out in public based on how other children are acting. I am sure most of us parents do this, we are thankful when it is not our children having a meltdown at the playground when it is time to leave, when it is not our children throwing food and utensils at a restaurant or when it is not our children kicking and screaming out the door of a venue.

Overall, even though my children are a little crazy, they are loud and full of energy, I do usually feel my children are well behaved when we are out. I have been very lucky that all three of them are extremely good natured but they do have their moments. I have been the mom that has thrown Crazy 1 over her shoulder to leave a store when she decided to lay on the floor and kick and scream. I have been the mom that has picked up Crazy 2 and hauled him out of the pool kicking and crying. Crazy 3 gets away with a little more crying and screaming because, well, he is only just over 6 months.

When we are out somewhere and all I have to do is remind them to stay with me and the stroller, even if it is a hundred times, and there are no tears and no shrieks, I feel like we have had a good behaviour day. Especially when we are out and there are other parents hauling their screaming, crying, kicking children out the doors, or off the playground.

Is it wrong of me to decide that the day was a success just based on how other children behave or should I look at how my children normally behave and base it on that? All I know is that to me any day where we can leave somewhere without a meltdown from either Crazy 1 or Crazy 2 is successful to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment