Friday, November 16, 2012

My Fourth Child

I tend to write my posts about my lovely children or The Husband, but in effect I do have a 4th child. The Dog.

The reason I am posting about him today is because I feel a bit bad lately about my pet parenting.

I love The Dog, The Husband and I actually adopted him before we were even married. He was technically our first child. We used to take him to the off leash parks, walked him and let him sleep in our room.

With Crazy 1, I would still take him to the off leash park occasionally, The Husband and I would walk him sometimes and he was still allowed upstairs in our room.

Since Crazy 2 I don't think he has ever been to the off leash park, walks have been few and far between and he isn't even allowed upstairs. I will qualify that the reason he is not allowed upstairs is because of the gates for the crazies.

I love The Dog and he has been amazing with all our children. He is a big dog and puts up with the kids trying to ride him, sitting on him, pulling his hair and all the rest of the craziness.

I am hoping that some of the craziness with subside soon and that at least we can least get walks back on the program. Even if it is just me with The Dog it might help with my sanity to get 20 minutes a night to myself. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment