Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Spoils

Two out of the four Christmases we are having are over and done with in our house and I already think my crazies were more than taken care of in the toy department. In my opinion, even a little spoiled. I am OK with that as the people we have spend the two Christmases with were grandparents and they are allowed to spoil the kids.

I do not spoil my children. In actuality, some people think I am a little stingy with them. I do not by them toys for Christmas. Santa brings them toys, but The Husband and I only buy them books and clothing.

The reason for this is because everyone else seems to buy them toys. Sure there might be a movie or book thrown in, maybe the occasional outfit for good measure, but mostly other people buy them toys.

Right now my house looks like a toy store exploded all over the floor. There are My Little Pony and Barbie pieces all over the hallway, cars and trains at the top of the stairs and baby toys strewn all over the living room floor.

The next few days will be a purge here at our house. Get rid of the toys that are no longer played with, or the crazies have outgrown and donate them so other children might be some enjoyment from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment