Saturday, December 22, 2012

Noise Level Warning

Anyone who has spent any amount of time with Crazy 2 knows he is loud. I don't mean just annoyingly loud either. When he shrieks, it actually hurts your ears so bad your brain hurts.

He has always been loud, but he is also pretty much always happy and his excitement just bubbles out of him in crazy loud shrieks.

I am to the point now that I need him to be quiet at times, like when Crazy 3 is napping, but I am unable to get him to understand or to comply with the request. I am not sure if he truly doesn't understand or if he just is choosing to ignore me.

Suggestions have been made to get his hearing tested, but I don't believe that is what the issue is. He hears me when I whisper to him and he can whisper back.

My thoughts are maybe I need to seek help from a behaviour therapist of some sort to get techniques on how to get him to understand that he cannot be so loud all the time. It seems everything I have tried has failed so now it is time to look for assistance.

The bigger issue is that Crazy 1, even though she is older, is starting to get louder more often, most likely to compete with Crazy 2. Also, Crazy 3 has started to find his voice and because it is so loud in our home because of Crazy 2, he might actually be louder.

I guess the other option could be to invest in earplugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment