Thursday, February 7, 2013

What to Make for Dinner?

At our house we often have an issue with dinner, or rather the crazies eating what I make for dinner. I have always fed the crazies whatever we eat, but I find that lately it's become a challenge.

Crazy 1 is very picky. She does not like ground meat at all, tomato sauce is a big no-no and prefers her food to not be touching. This is difficult for me as I tend to make a lot of casseroles as I can make them ahead of time when Crazy 2 and Crazy 3 are napping and then pop them in the oven. Even if the casserole is all things she likes, she usually refuses to even try it.

Crazy 2 is not usually picky, but lately he has been picking up some of Crazy 1's bad habits. Today at dinner, all he ate was rice. I made a stirfry with chicken, cashews and green pepper (all things he eats) but he refused to touch any of it, even after Crazy 1 informed him that the chicken was 'Super Yummy!'.

Crazy 3 is still easy. He hasn't started on food other than purees, and so far will eat pretty much anything. He has some preferences, but there is nothing so far that he has refused.

If my children had their way, I think they would eat Macaroni/Cheese and hotdogs for every meal. I'll be honest, sometimes I am tempted.

No comments:

Post a Comment